Monday, March 12, 2012

Taking Inventory

Sometimes I feel I'm not "normal". Lately, I've been reading comments from people or books even where people have "bucket lists". (The movie was great by the way). I've never really had "life goals". Guess that's not normal.
I just enjoy life as it comes along. I have no wild desires to jump out of a plane even though I love flying. I don't want to swim with sharks, why?
Yes, I went to college but it gave me life lessons but a degree I really didn't need.
I've been in some form of accounting all my life, worked hard and long.
I've had a wonderful family and couldn't be prouder of my kids.
I'm a self taught (by books and tv) cook and gardener. I even taught myself how to sew. I've taken a few classes on oil painting, quilting, crocheting over my many years.
I've hiked Squaw Peak and Weaver's Needle which is something in my mind, at least. That was due to the encouragement of a good friend cause I would never had thought of doing it on my own.
I suppose I would have liked to travel more when I was younger and didn't have so many commitments at home. But, would not trade my life right now. I'm more relaxed, more patient and I actually pay more attention to people that I know or even strangers! Yes, I worry occassionally but I still appreciate the simple things in life-love, family and nature, normally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home